Friday, May 29, 2015

Create-A-Card for a Friend

TGIF! I'm up bright and early today. Going to watch my daughter's 8th grade promotion ceremony. Today is her last day of Junior High School. Next stop...High School. YIKES

The rest of the day I'm planning on spending in my craft room.  I'll be stamping, coloring, die-cutting...and who knows what else. Just gonna have fun! Will you be crafting today? How about making a card for a friend? Here's one I made using the new Friends Create-A-Card Die from Crafter's Companion USA.


To make this card, I took a piece of orange cardstock (one side orange, other side white) and made a top-fold card base. I die-cut and embossed on the front of the card, then sanded off the raised embossed areas.


Next, I took a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of white cardstock and stamped the "friend definition" image with green ink. I adhered it flat to the back of die-cut card front. Not only did the stamped panel add dimensional interest, it added extra stability to the card front. The flowers are die cut, embellished with enamel dots and glitter, then popped up with foam tape. The leaves are die cut and embossed, then sponged with green ink.

Create-A-Card dies are so fun! And the cool thing is they are made to fit perfectly on a standard A2 card. But you can do WAY more with them than just a basic card. Go check out all the great projects our design team made in the Inspiration Gallery on the Crafter's Companion USA website HERE and on our Pinterest Board HERE

Have a great day full of crafting,


Supplies
Crafter's Companion Friend CAC Word Die
Crafter's Companion Die'sire Classiques Lace Bloom Die
Crafter's Companion Stamp-It Australia Friendship Sentiments Stamp Set
Memento Pistachio Ink
Crystal Glitter
Sanding Block
White Cardstock
A Muse Studio Orange Cardstock
Enamel Dots
Die-cutting/Embossing machine
Dimensional Foam Adhesive

No comments: