Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Happiness is a Watercolor Block Background

I've been creating and having so much fun my new Spectrum Aqua Markers. This is probably one of my favorites...


I used markers from the Primary, Floral and Nature sets. (Teal, Sea Green, Sunflower, Marigold, Rose Pink) Simply color the marker on a clear stamping block, mist with water and the press the block on watercolor cardstock. Allow each color to dry, before moving to the next layer and color.


Once all the ink was completely dry, I stamped a greeting and heat emboss in white.This stamp is from a wonderful Crafter's Companion stamp set called Sentimentals Memories are Made.

This card is EXTRA special to me because it's traveling around the world. Yep...it's been on the internet, on TV, and on display at craft shows. Cool huh?!! Here's a pic that the fabulous Nicky Hayden from our Spectrum Noir Design Team took while she was at a show at The NEC Birmingham in England:

Fun stuff! I have a bunch more to share in the days ahead...so stay tuned.



Supplies:
Spectrum Aqua Markers Primary, Floral and Nature sets
Crafter’s Companion Sentimentals Memories are Made
Crafter’s Companion Kraft Cardstock
Crafter’s Companion High Gloss Cardstock (card base)
Ranger Watercolor Paper (using smooth side)
2 1/4" Acrylic Block
Mini Mister
VersaMark Ink
White Embossing Powder
Crystal Rhinestone Stickers
Studio Calico Wood Veneer Hearts
Heat Embossing Tool

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Kara Lynne said...

I love that it's a traveling card! It's beautiful and the sentiment is wonderful as well!

Aileen said...

Bee-ute-eful which is like saying beautiful but with emphasis. Love your card and the colours, my favourite style.