Friday, November 7, 2014

Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies

Happy Friday!

We have a new challenge over at Crafter's Companion USA. This month our theme is Christmas/Winter. Click HERE to get all the details


My card base is Kraft Cardstock with a piece of paper on the front from the Vintage Christmas Collection 6" x 6" Paper Pack. I did sponge the edges Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.

I used a stamp from Crafter's Companion Art-Kure Collection called Spruce Tree. This stamps can be used for any season! I stamped on white cardstock and watercolored with Ranger Distress Markers. Then I added some shimmer with Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles. Once that dried, I flicked on some white pigment ink spray. The results were exactly how I wanted!

 
The sentiment is from The Vintage Christmas Sentimentals Let It Snow stamp set. I stamped it on clear acetate with Claret StazOn Midi Ink -- then heat embossed with Clear EP. I folded the ends of the strip to the back of the images panel to secure. Then I layered it on a piece of the beautiful Shimmering Black Pearl Cardstock from that I scalloped one edge with a border punch. The entire panel is adhered to card front with dimensional foam adhesive. A few crystal rhinestones and a butterfly punched out of the black pearl cardstock were the finishing touches.

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to share your Christmas/Winter creations on the Facebook Challenge Page! Remember...you DON'T need to use Crafter's Companion products to be entered in the giveaway.