Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 2016 Calendar Page

It's June, and things are heating up outside! We're supposed to get up to 118 today!!! I think I'll stay inside and craft ;)

For my June calendar page, I created a wonderful little beach scene. Somewhere I would LOVE to be right now!


I colored the look of water and sand on the panel using Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens. Moonstone from the Perfect Pastels Set and Sand Dune from the Vintage Beach Set.

I used 3 different Crafter's Companion stamp sets. From the Sheena A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Highlands, I used the sandcastle. The umbrella is from Sheena A Little Bit Sketchy - Only Words - Through The Rain.  The sun is from Textures - Walls and Corner.

Designer Tip: Using partial images is a great way to get more bang for your buck with stamp sets. The umbrella image on this project is located on a large sentiment stamp from the Through The Rain set. It worked perfectly for this little beach scene!

To stamp the umbrella, I inked it up with Ranger Salty Ocean Distress Ink, and then colored over that with the Blue Topaz Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. For the pole, I colored it on the stamp stamp with the Charcoal Spectrum Aqua Marker from the Essentials Set.


For the sandcastle, I inked it up with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then colored over that with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Sand Dune from the Vintage Beach Set. I inked the flag on the stamp using Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Solar Red from the Summer Time Set.

For the sun, I inked up first with Neon Electric Yellow Ink, then dabbed a bit of Neon Electric Orange ink, then colored over with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Moonlight from the Shades of Spring Set . To make the circle on the sun, I punched out circle from white cardstock and applied ink direct to paper with same neon orange and yellow inks. Then I brushed on Moonlight Sparkle Pen. The circle is adhered flat and trimmed.

I'm going to enjoy looking at this simple little summer beach scene for the entire month.

Summer hugs,


Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Sheena  A Little Bit Sketchy - Only Words - Through the Rain stamp set
Crafter's Companion Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Highlands stamp set
Crafter's Companion Textures - Walls and Corners stamp set
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker - Charcoal
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Distress Inks - Antique Linen and Salty Ocean

Distress Stickles - Antique Linen 
1 1/4" Circle Punch
Tsukineko Neon Electric Yellow Ink
Tsukineko Neon Electric Orange Ink
Orange Rhinestone
Black Rhinestones
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Liquid Adhesive

No comments: