Friday, June 17, 2016

Independence Day Sparkle

Hey everyone. Have you had a chance to check out the new Patriotic Stamp Sets that were recently released over at Crafter's Companion USA? They are SO MUCH FUN! I just KNOW you’re going to love them as much as I do.

I made this card using the Independence Day set.


This card has some CRAZY sparkle and shimmer in real life! I colored the firecracker and stars with Spectrum Noir Markers: DR4, TB4 and TB6. Then I added a super fun glitter mix that had in my MASSIVE stash. It's from Stampendous Frantage line called Silver Halo Mix. I don't know if you can get it anymore, but you could always mix up a blend of your own. Just use some silver and crystal glitters in different sizes.



For the striped background panel, I scribbled some Marine Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Marker on a clear stamping block and then used a wet watercolor paintbrush to paint on the stripes on watercolor cardstock. Once the panel was dry, I brushed Crystal Overlay Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen over the blue stripes. It not only gave it a fantastic shimmer, it also gave the stripes even more watercolor effect.

TIP: To remove any blue ink that is picked up on the Clear Sparkle Marker brush, simple wipe the marker on a clean scrap paper.


That’s it for me today, friends! I've got a LOT of catching up to do in my craft room before I head out on vacation again. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a good one!


Supplies:
Crafter's Companion 4th of July Stamp Set
Crafter's Companion Independence Stamp Set
Crafter's Companion Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White CS
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Aqua Marker
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Red and Black Cardstocks
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Glitter
Glue Pen
Clear Stamping Block
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Watercolor Brush

No comments: