Wednesday, May 11, 2016

NEW Spectrum Noir Vintage Sparkle Pens

I'm IN LOVE with the BRAND NEW Spectrum Noir Vintage Colors Sparkle Pens. 12 beautiful new colors in 4 new sets. You can see them and shop on the Crafter's Companion website.

I watercolored this project using the new Sparkle Pens.


AMAZING...RIGHT?! I used Sea Breeze, Teacup, Biscuit, Sage, and Macaroon from the Vintage Tea, Vintage Bloom, and Vintage Beach sets.

The stamps are from the Crafter's Companion Floral Delight set. I stamped the flower and leaves with very light colors of Distress Inks on Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock. The reason I stamped with light distress ink is because I didn't want the stamp lines to show. Distress inks also blend with water, so they faded out even more when I painted over with the Sparkle Pens.


Check out the sparkle!!! WOW! Seriously...I could watercolor with Sparkle Pens all day long!

Watercoloring Tip
To keep each individual section of the image from blending into the next, watercolor sections that do not touch each other. Wait for it to dry before painting areas next to it.  For instance, watercolor both leaves, but not the stem. Wait for the leaves to dry (or speed dry with a heat gun). After they are dry, you can paint the stem. When I did this panel, I watercolored the entire background first. After it was dry, I moved on to the flower.

For more ideas, inspiration, tutorials, and latest news, follow and visit at these places:

Crafter's Companion USA on Facebook
Crafter's Companion USA on Pinterest
Crafter's Companion USA Blog
Crafter's Companion USA on Instagram
Crafter's Companion USA on Twitter
Crafter's Companion on YouTube


Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
Crafter's Companion Floral Delight EZ Mount Stamp Set
Crafter's Companion Stamp-It Australia Overlapped Text Stamp
Crafter's Companion Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Distress Inks
Black Ink

Washi Tape
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Watercolor Brush
Heat Gun