Saturday, August 1, 2015

Flying Colors

Hello friends!

Today is the first day of Splitcoaststampers.com Dare to Get Dirty 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

This event is all week long. LOADS of fun stuff going on. Here's a tag I made for the first challenge of the event - hosted by the super talented Lydia Fiedler.

I started out by blending 3 distress ink colors on a tag - Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral and Mermaid Lagoon. Then, I used water to stamp images from Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic Flying Colors stamp set. Turned out amazing!


I dried the tag with my heat gun, then blended Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Inks around the edges. The Crafter's Companion Die'sire Delicate Butterfly is diecut from Black Pearl Shimmering Cardstock and mounted with foam tape. I used Tuxedo Black irRESISTible Pico Embellisher to make the trailing dots. I also added a fun gemstone sticker around the tag hole at the top.


The sentiment, which is also from the Flying Colors stamp set, is stamped and heat embossed. I mat it on shimmering cardstock, then attached with foam tape. The rhinestone flowers are from my stash, and I added tiny black rhinestones in the centers.



I LOVE these challenge! The inspiration is just what I need to get my craft on. To join in, you need to be a Fan Club Member. Not a Fan Club Member? Click HERE for more info.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors Stamp Set
Crafter's Companion Die'sire Metal Dies - Delicate Butterfly
Crafter's Companion Shimmering Cardstock - Black Pearl
Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko irRESISTible Pico Embellisher - Tuxedo Black
Manila Craft Tag
Versafine Ink Pad - Onyx Black
Distress Ink Pads - Black, Vintage Photo, Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, Mermaid Lagoon
Ink Blending Tools
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Rhinestone Stickers
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Embossing Tool
Die-cutting/Embossing Machine
Ribbons & Twine
Water

No comments: