Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Making Art Blog Hop

Spectrum Noir and Stampendous have joined together for a "Making Art" week. This blog hop is FULL of great projects using Spectrum Noir coloring tools and fantastic stamps from Stampendous. And... prizes galore! YEAH BABY!

https://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/

I'm excited to share my project with everyone. I used my Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers along with 2 stamps sets from Stampendous, AND some of the coolest embossing powders & elements imaginable! My favorite design style is Clean and Simple (CAS). On this card, I show how to use the fun Teal Frantage Encrusted Jewel Kit, yet still keep the card CAS. YES...it's possible!


I colored the markers (Bud Green on the stems & leaves, Teal on the flowers) directly on the Ranunculus Field stamp. Next, I spritz with water and stamped onto watercolor paper. Once it was dry, I used a wet watercolor brush to "pull" the stamped ink to color the flowers. Same thing on the leaves and stems. Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers are so vibrant and easy to color with!

Once the image was completely dry, I inked up the flowers on the stamp with VersaMark ink and stamped directly over the top of the watercolored flowers. Don't worry...it doesn't have to be perfect. Next, I sprinkled on Sky Blue Embossing Powder and Detail Capri Embossing Powder, then heat embossed. AH-MAZING!


For the centers of each flower, I used a VersaMark Marker. Then I used a little glitter spoon to put down a pile of Aged Teal Embossing Enamel in the center of each flower, then melted it with the heat gun. Yep, cool stuff!

The sentiment is from a clear stamp set called Happy Messages. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.


To finish embellishing, I used a liquid adhesive to place a few pieces of the Teal Mica Flakes on the center of the larger leaves. It's hard to see in the pic, but it's where you see a bit of shine. I also placed  a few more bits of the Mica Flakes as if I would have put down sequins. These mica flakes are sooooo pretty!


Have fun blog hopping and checking out all the great projects.

Click HERE to visit the Spectrum Noir blog and see all the posts for this event and details about entering to win prizes from Spectrum Noir.

Click HERE to visit the Stampendous! Blog for all the fun projects and prize details they have going on.

2 comments:

Snoopy said...

Absolutely gorgeous and thank you for showing us how to use the Mica Flakes.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

McStamper said...

Love your beautiful card. I have this stamp and can't wait to try your techniques.