Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello friends....and HELLO 2014!

I'm super excited to start the New Year with my first official blog post as a member of New 2014 Crafter's Companion USA Inspiration Design TeamWe will have daily posts on Facebook sharing our creative ideas using CC products. Make sure to "LIKE" our page!
 This year is gonna ROCK!

In case you didn't know...I love ice skating...which makes this the perfect stamp to say "Hi" to everyone. Isn't this mouse ADORABLE!


This set from Crafter's Companion is called Makey Bakey Christmas - Festive Fun & Frolics. Even when our stamps are "Christmas" related...that doesn't mean you can't use them all year long. I was able to use the sentiment from the set by simply stamping and then cutting each word apart...using only the ones I needed. Great idea...right?!

All the Makey Bakey images are as cute as can be!!!


I stamped the image on white cardstock and then colored with the NEW Spectrum Noir markers. The great thing about alcohol markers is you can color smooth...without streaking (such as the background around the image) AND you can create dimension & texture! I used the Blender pen to make the transition of white to grey on the fur. To create texture on the jacket, I used the Blender pen by touching the marker tip down randomly after the initial coloring had completely dried. Soooo easy to get awesome results.

BTW...I'll always list the marker colors that I used on my projects. That way you don't have to spend hours guessing.
 You're welcome

Spectrum Noir Markers:
EB1, EB2, EB3, EB6, EB8, BT1, BT6, BT7, IG1, IG2, IG3, IG6, IB1, BGR2, FS6, Blender

Speaking of Spectrum Noir markers....

Try the product before you buy!
If the new markers have got your interest, but you're just not sure if they are the right product for you, then order the Spectrum Noir Trial Pack.

This package includes 2 Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers along with materials and instructions to complete a finished tag project. You'll see how to use the markers for blending to create a new color, along with the coloring of fabric to turn ordinary white ribbon into a color matched coordinating accent, materials may vary.
All you gotta do is pay $3.95 to cover postage and handling to a US Address. How awesome is that?!!  Click the link to check it out!  Spectrum Noir Alcohol Trial Pack
AWESOME!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Girl, your coloring skills are second to NONE!! I am so excited for your new DT gig - Crafter's Companion is so lucky to get you!! Can't wait to see all the amazing goodies that you'll be sharing with us!! XOXO

Sue from Oregon said...

How exciting Lori...popped over to the blog to check out your announcement...pretty proud to say I KNOW HER!!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous coloring and a fun stamp to boot. It looks nice and sparkly too. How do the Noirs compare to Copics? I never thought I'd be a marker person until Copics came. I could never get smooth coloring... but now I can. I'm no artiste but I like what I can do with them.