Thursday, January 29, 2009

Get Wool Soon Dad

Thinkin' of my Dad...

My dad had major back surgery on Wednesday morning. The surgery went well...but he's having a hard time with the pain. I really wish I lived closer so I could just "be there." I made this card and sent it off to him. He loves getting stuff made by his favorite daughter.....of course I'm his only daughter! LOL ;)



Dad has a HUGE sense of humor...so the Sheep stamp set from The Saltbox Studio worked perfect. And...since he has sheep at his house...it was double-perfect! You can see a pic of my dad HERE. "LOVE YA DAD XXOO"

Recipe:
Stamps -
A Muse Art Stamps The Saltbox Studio Sheep Set
Paper - SU Ivory CS & Naturals Kraft CS; Bazzill Textured CS; Deja Views 2-sided paper The Sharon Ann Timeless Collection Plaid/Dark Brown Batik
Ink -
A Muse Art Stamps Black Dye
Misc - Prismacolor Pencils PC938 White, PC947 Dark Umber, PC908 Dark Green; Gamsol OMS; CTMH Fibers Winter Classics; EK Success Heart Punch; SU Paper Piercing Guide, Edge Distressor Tool, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Lorie said...

This is super Lori! I'm glad to hear he is okay. My grandpa just had a procedure on his back this week to. HUGS and love to you! :o)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Hi Lori! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Nic at Stamp Works has spoken to me about you, and just gushes about what a sweetie you are. It's nice of you to be so helpful to her. I also hear from Terri Dodd that your Copics classes are daBOMB!! Love your work here - I'll definitely be back to visit again!!

Unknown said...

what a great card! love the colors. hope your dad is on the mend.

Catherine said...

What a cute card, Lori. And i sure hope he'll feel better soon.

Glenda J said...

Great card Lori! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Lisa said...

That is an adorable card. I just got this set in my last order!! Heres hoping your Dad has a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

OMG...this card just cracked me up!! thanks, I needed that! I'm sure you Dad agrees! :)