Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Blessings

Holly Berry House Stamps

You ever heard of Holly Berry House stamps? I never did till I went to my favorite stamp store the other day - Stamp Works. That's where I saw this awesome stamp. This is a very large stamp, but it was super easy to ink up and stamp with. Wonderful quality!



The last thing I had on my wish list that day was an Easter stamp....but there was NO WAY I could resist this one! And she only had 1 of these left....so FOR SURE I had to get it before someone else did! ha ha. AND it was the 20th so I got 20% off!



Naturally I had to pick out a couple pieces of paper to go with it. When I found some patterned paper from Bella Press I knew this was going to be an awesome card. I couldn't wait to get home and create!



Recipe:
The card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Cardbase is Bazzill Textured cardstock. Image stamped with Black Stazon on Stampin'UP! Very Vanilla. Colored in with 3 colors of Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol - Henna PC1031 (matches SU Cranberry Crisp) Sandbar Brown PC 1094 (matches the patterned paper) and Cream PC 914 (matches SU Very Vanilla). I did use my Clear Spica Glitter Pen on the bunnies for just a little shimmer. Cut out egg and layered on SU Cranberry Crisp cardstock. I used my Layer Ease to trace around the egg. Stampin'UP! had them in the catalog a few years back. Some stores carry them still....they are called Magic Matters. The little round stickers on the egg are from Stampendous and are called Dot Sparkles. They didn't stick at all...I'm thinking because the colored pencils are like waxy...so I just dabbed a tiny bit of Crystal Effects on them to attach. THAT was really time comsuming, but worth the work! The Flower in the middle of the egg is made up of 2 paper flowers from CTMH and a punched flower from Cranberry Crisp CS. French Vanilla Brad in the middle from Bazzill. Patterned paper is from Bella Press - Chandler Collection. Used my SU Ticket Corner punch on the corners and then layered it on Cranberry Crisp cardstock. Little Black Brads in the corners and attached it to the base. Attached the Egg Layer to base with Dimensionals. Stamped Easter Blessings from SU Fancy Flexible Phrases set in Black on bottom corner. Grossgrain ribbon from SU - True Thyme and Cranberry Crisp. Attached ribbon with glue dots.

2 comments:

Etha said...

Love how you colored this stamp :) I live in the town where HollyBerry is located, hehe. Have taken classes there and left my credit card burning. They have a wonderful display with all their stuff, heavy duty on glitter use! You can also take tours of the "factory" there. Its in the old part of town, much fun to visit.

Corie said...

Oh my this is GORGEOUS!!