Friday, August 10, 2007

Jealous Again!

Cheery Colors & Secret Technique

I made this card a few days ago, but I didn't want to post it until the new owner received it. Happy Birthday Blair!



Well....I did e-mail a picture of the card to my daughter so she could drool. Yep....that's right....I caused another "gotta have that stamp" moment :) Here's what Alisha had to say back to her favorite mom "That turned out soooo cute. I'm jealous:) Did you stitch around the edge or is that a stamp?"

LOL....silly girl....come over and play if you want to know moms secrets! Alisha is always trying to get me to come over to her house and stamp. I'm always trying to get her to come over to my house to stamp. But usually what happens is we go shopping and buy more stamps! We talk about building homes next to each other and having a craft room in the middle so we can keep all our stuff together and share! Now that would be cool!!

Here's the scoop on the card....
The inspiration for this card started with a Splitcoaststampers DTGD '07 Challenge -- which was to use Cheery Colors. The bird stamp is from Penny Black. The saying is from Stamping Bella. Chicken wire stamp is from Inky Antics. I also used stamps from Stampin'UP! Best of Cluck set. Colors I used are from SU - Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Glorious Green, Very Vanilla. River Rock ink for the ground using Skinny Oval stamp from A Muse Artstamps and Sahara Sand marker to highlight the sand on the ground. I also used both Tag Punches from SU. Paper Piercing & Faux Stitching with black marker (there's moms secret Alisha!) Edge Distressing and Black ink around the edges of a couple pieces to make them stand out. The tag is on Dimensionals. SU Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Brads & Eyelets, Marvy Uchida Scalloped Circle Punch with hand doodling around the edges.

OK Alisha...come on over and play!

1 comment:

Corie said...

What bright happy colors -- love this