Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April Spectrum Noir Challenge

Hi everyone! It's that time again, friends. Spectrum Noir Challenge Time!

Our challenge for April is: Use a die-cut

You can interpret this challenge any way you like. There is no right or wrong, and you may use any images, themes, or Spectrum Noir products you choose! Get all the details and enter your project to the challenge gallery HERE. Not on Facebook? Enter here.

I used a really cool die from Crafter's Companion Die'sire Classiques Spring/Summer Collection called Floral Flourish along with some Spectrum Noir Markers and Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers.


I was able to create the look of many dimensions on this design without all the layers. SUPER fun and easy techniques...all done with white cardstock.
 
Yep...Neenah 110lb cardstock! I die-cut the Floral Flourish and colored with Spectrum Noir Markers. You can't go wrong doing this. Just have fun coloring! Here's the colors I used:
  • Greens CG1, CG2, DG3
  • Reds CR5, CR8, TN7, Blender
  • Yellows CT4, GB5
TIP: If you look closely at the red flowers, you can see a bit of yellow. To get that look, after I colored the red, I colored a bit of CT4 over top. I love how Spectrum Noir Markers blend together like that!

To make the background, I scribbled Gold Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Marker onto an acrylic block. Then I picked up the color with a large wet watercolor brush. By using a bigger brush, I could cover more area faster. This is important since I wasn't using watercolor paper. Basically I just slopped the color around the panel - leaving the center white. Next I dried the panel with my heat tool. To add the splatters, I picked up more gold marker ink on the paintbrush and flicked it all over. I did the same thing using the Chestnut Aqua Marker. Easy stuff I tell ya!

The die-cut is adhered flat. I added little black rhinestones in the center of each flower, stamped a sentiment in black, and finished off with a bit of ribbon tied in a knot and adhered with foam adhesive. The entire panel is mounted on a red notecard with foam adhesive.

I hope I've inspired you to get out some of your die-cuts and Spectrum Noir coloring tools and have some fun. Thanks so much for stopping by.


Supplies
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers
Crafter's Companion Die'sire Classiques Spring/Summer Floral Flourish Die
Stampendous Happy Messages Stamp Set
Black Ink Pad
Neenah 110lb Cardstock
A Muse Studio Colored Cardstock
A Muse Studio Onyx Twinkle Stickers
Ranger Artist Brushes
Acrylic Block
Foam Adhesive Tape
Heat Tool
May Arts Ribbons
Liquid adhesive

No comments: