Tuesday, October 7, 2014

HSN and Crafter's Companion

Today over on HSN (Home Shopping Network) the founder of Crafter's Companion, Sara Davies, came all the way from the UK to showcase some of the Crafter's Companion products. AND...one of MY projects was used as a sample on display!!! That's BIG NEWS for me!

 
Here's a project I made that's on the show...
 

This Take Away Box is made completely by hand using The Ultimate Tool along with the Sweet Treats Ultimate Embossing Board - Special Treat and Sweet Treats PDF Papercrafting CD-ROM. Some of the papers and embellishments (spotted light pink paper, green flower and "pretty" tag) are printed from the CD-ROM.

I used the embossing board to create faux stitching on pink cardstock then sanded off. The green flower had more petals, but I cut some off to create a 5 petal flower. Then, to give the petals some curve and dimension, I rolled them around a stick. I also added eyelets to the sides of the box for a wire handle.


The little yellow flowers were made by embossing one of the flowers on the embossing board and cutting them out. I added pink rhinestones in the centers.



After I cut out the box and yellow flowers - I sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish - Multicolor. The spray varnish added a beautiful sparkle. It also created a coating that will help protect the box and make it a bit more sturdy.

I punched a tiny hole at the top of the flap to attach the tulle and tag.



There as soooo many things you can do with this box design...and all the other boxes on the boards. You can catch Sara again later today on the show to see more about the products.



Have a fantastic day!

No comments: