Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hippity Hoppity

Hello friends! Happy Easter!

I just adore Brewster the bunny from Eat Cake Graphics. Naturally, I had to make an Easter card with him, but I'll be using him for some upcoming birthday cards. Getting more out of my stamps makes me wanna hippity hop down the bunny trail too! LOL!


To make the background, I sponged the clouds using a stencil and the hills with a hand-cut mask. The grass on the hills was stamped with the mask in place. The trees are stamped on white cardstock, colored, trimmed and adhered flat. Wanna know a great trick? Of course you do! The little areas on the trees, where the branches to into the tree...I didn't cut out those areas. I just colored the white cardstock using a blue marker to match the background sky color.

 
I also stamped the baby's breath with the mask down, using VersaMark ink and heat embossing with white ep. And because I just LOOOOVE glitter, I added on the flowers :) The sentiment banner is hand-cut and edged in crystal glitter. All the coloring is done with Spectrum Noir Markers. For a bit more bling, I added little a few colored sequins. Kinda looks like colored Easter eggs. I also used a couple die-cuts to make the frame for the card base.

Eat Cake Graphics Stamps:
5062-I Brewster bunny (foot up)
7004-C Baby's breath (left)
7003-C Baby's breath (right)
7020-D Row of grass
7069-O Little line of trees
8065-F Hippity hoppity Easter (text)

Easter Blessings!
 

Other Products:
Spectrum Noir Markers
Distress Inks and Ink Blending Tools
Neenah Cardstock
Colored Cardstock
Designer Patterened Cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink
VersaMark Ink
Cloud Stencils
White Embossing Powder
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
Crystal Glitter
Metal Dies
Die-cutting machine
Foam Adhesive
Glue Dots
Heat Tool

No comments: