Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ho Ho Ho!

Can you BELIEVE Christmas is just around the corner?! Time to get in high gear and finish some of the Christmas projects I've been working on.

Here's one of my favorites so far...


Isnt' this CUTE! I used Spectrum Noir Markers to color the image:

Face - FS3
Reds - CR8, DR7
Tree - CG2, DG3, DG4
Gloves - BG5, BG7
Chimney - TN3, TN5, TN7
Shadow under chimney and toy bag TN3, TN5
Blender


The little tag is diecut from Crafter's Companion Die'sire Scalloped Tags Dies and the sentiment is heat embossed with in white.




Here's what the back side looks like. I learned how to make these a LONG time ago from a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com HERE. Over the years, I have tried using different supplies other than what the tutorial lists. For instance, on this ornament, I used Spectrum Noir Markers. Start out with an easy image to get the hang of it. They really are fun to make!

I'll be showing the storage box I made for the ornament on my blog tomorrow...so stop on back then.



 Have a great week!


Supplies:
Spectrum Noir Markers, Black StazOn Ink, Clear Acetate, White Pigment Ink Refill, White Embossing Powder, Dove Blender Pen, Heat Embossing Tool, Crafter's Companion Stamp Set Mulberry Wood Dreams of Santa, Die'sire Decorative Die Scalloped Tags, Clear Ornament Ball, Fake Snow, Ribbons

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Squeeeel!! What a perfect handmade gift - and a box too! Yep, I will be back tomorrow!

lisa808 said...

What a fabulous ornament! Beautiful job on the coloring and embellishing.

Unknown said...

love this but can't find the tutorial on Spiltcoast. Can you tell me how it is listed? I would love to try it