Thursday, August 7, 2014

My man Merlin

Yeah. I did. I colored him!!!
 

Isn't this merman dude absolutely HILARIOUS!

What really put me in stitches was using that sentiment!!! heee HEEE!! HELLO!  And...yes...it was hard to color his round belly...'cause I was laughin' the entire time! His name is Merlin. He's another NEW Fresh Brewed Designs digi image from the release on Monday.

I colored everything with my Spectrum Noir Markers. I think he turned out pretty darn special! ;) Here's the colors I used to bring out all his "best" features:

Skin - FS2, FS3, FS4, TN3
Hair - CT1, CT4, GB5, GB9
Tail/Fin/whatever - CG1, CG3, CG4, GG1
Sun - CT1, CT3
Clouds - IB1
Tiny heart hanging from cloud - TB1, TB4


Since Merlin hangs out in the water most of the time, shine & shimmer were a must! I painted his entire tail with Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz. Next, I colored over it with my trusty ol' Versamark Pen -- then heat embossed with clear  embossing powder. I also added touches of the shimmer sparkle to his hair and eyes.  The sun and waves borders I added colored glitter.

I'm really happy with how the card turned out. The layout is from Splitcoaststampers.com Sketch Challenge SC499. 
Thanks for stopping by to laugh a little with me!

Supplies: 
Fresh Brewed Designs Digi Image Merlin and Peekaboo Sunshine,
A Muse Artstamps Come Play (retired) 
Spectrum Noir Markers FS2, FS3, FS4, TN3, CT1, CT3, CT4, GB5, GB9, CG1, CG3, CG4, GG1, IB1, TB1, TB4 
A Muse Studio Cardstock Orange and Blueberry
Misc patterned paper from stash 
White Cardstock
Black ink for sentiment 
Ranger Distress Salty Ocean (sponged around edges) 
Versamark Ink Pen
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Art Glitter Mystery, Nirvana and Lemone
Fiskars Waves border punch 
Pssst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle Spray 
Foam Adhesive
Glue Pen

1 comment:

Beth Brovold said...

This is FABULOUS Lori!! He looks so REAL!!
Take care,
Beth