Thursday, June 18, 2009

Think Simple. Think A Muse.

Quick & Classic Father's Day Card

We're still "SQUARE" dancin' over on the A Muse News Blog. LOL!!! And...another day closer to A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA! WOOHOO!!!!

I've been making my Father's Day Cards based around this weeks challenge - SQUARE. Look at all those squares on my card!! The new Green Gingham paper is PERFECT for this card and layout. And the Mainly Men Clear Set is great to have on hand for those "Man Cards." I'm sooooooo glad I have it!



The shirt is stamped on the white square...then again on a Classic Dots Pretty Little Paper - then cut out and stuck on top with foam tape. Just a little coloring & shading with markers to give it that extra little sumpin' sumpin'. Those holes are pierced with my new handy dandy Scor-Bug Embosser. That thing works slick!!

Get all the info on Challenge #1 Square -- plus the Secret Squares Games on the A Muse News Blog.

This card also works for the A Muse Lounge Challenge #6 - It's a Guy Thing. I hope you can join us for these challenges!

Recipe:
Stamps -
A Muse Artstamps Mainly Men Set
Paper -
A Muse Artstamps Green Gingham and Classic Dots Pretty Little Papers; White Cardstock; Bazzill Black Cardstock
Ink -
A Muse Artstamps Black Dye
Misc. -
Copic E04 & W2; Scor-Pal & Scor-Bug Embosser; Dimensionals

4 comments:

cheiron said...

Love the dots on the shirt, and the shading is terrific!

Susan N. said...

Cute card. I like the colors. I made a Father's Day card the other day using the same shirt and sentiment. I forgot all about the A Muse Lounge Challenge #6. thanks for the reminder.

Michellem said...

Never would have though to stamp that one on any type of patterned paper - Smart thinking!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cool Fathers day card!