Monday, February 9, 2009

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge

Tall & Thin

No...I'm not talking about ME! LOL I'm talking about this weeks House Mouse & Friends challenge.

So what is Tall & Thin? Easy...just make a card that is taller than normal and thinner than normal. Or make a DL size tall card (don't ask me what that is...I haven't looked it up yet! ha!) The main thing is to have fun making something different this time. Of course you need to have at least 1 HM or Friends image on your card...but the rest is all up to you. For all the challenge details and to check out the tall & thin creations by the Design Team - click HERE.

My picture is posting small...so you really NEED to click on it so you can see it BIG.


I made my card base 3.5" x 8.5" so it will fit in a standard #10 envelope. The HM image is called Tails of True Love - featuring Monica & Maxwell. Isn't it adorable! I stamped on white cardstock & colored with Prismacolor pencils & OMS. The yellow hi-lighting is done with a Copic Y11 Pale Yellow marker. Then...I took a few different shades chalk ink and shaded around the rest of the piece with a sponge dauber.

The hearts are stamped on the reverse side of the patterned paper - then I shaded in using Copics & sponged around the edges with white pigment ink. I cut them out and layered on white cs. After attaching the patterned paper to the base, I stamped mouse prints from the bottom to the top. TOO CUTE! I also sponged chalk ink around the edges of the patterned layer and the brown cs layers. Some A Muse Pink Twinkle Stickers for a little bling...and BAM! ---it's done :)


Click HERE and HERE to see some other Tall & Thin cards I have made.

Recipe:
Stamps -
House-Mouse Designs Tails of True Love; Mouse Feet; SU Love Matters
Paper - Papertrey Ink Ivory Cardstock; Bazzill Truffle Cardstock; My Mind's Eye Bohemia Blossom "Birthday" Paisley/Pink
Ink -
Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamagic Pixi Pink; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan, Chalk Pink Pastel, Pigment White
Misc. - Prismacolor Pencils; Gamsol OMS; Copic Markers R20 Blush, R00 Pinkish White, Y11 Pale Yellow; A Muse Artstamps Twinkle Stickers; SU Word Window Punch; Dimensionals

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog HERE
House-Mouse Designs Official Website HERE.
Tips on how you can easily color the House-Mouse Stamp Images HERE

7 comments:

Pat's little corner of the world said...

This is my first time on your blog: What a great blog you have. I love your things..I live in Tucson..nice to meet you neighbor..I'll be back again. I hope you will take a look at my blog:

Anonymous said...

WOW Lori! Your card is awesome. I love the dp you used and the sponged chalk around the image matches sooooooo well! Gread job with this challenge :)

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so sweet! Great dp, I love the valentine theme. Just darling.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Lori, I LOVE this card. It is so sweet! Your little mousie footprints are adorable, and the image is one I definitely need to add to my stash. Love those tails curved into hearts. Your sponging and coloring is fabulous. Thanks for sharing such a great contribution.

jenstamps said...

Love the shading on this and those little foot prints! Too cute!

Janneke said...

Love this card!

Susan said...

Awesome card Lori! It is one of my favorites from this week's challenge. Love everything about it!