Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Bro!

Funny Birthday Card

I made this card for my brother. He's 1 year older than me....so I have to rub it in that he IS and will ALWAYS BE older than me :) LOL

(David...if you're reading this..."yer older than I am! yer older than I am!" ha! love ya!)



I like the way StampinUP's Naturals White paper is a softer off-white color and has those little flecks in it. Perfect for something a little country chicken-ish! Making cards for the guys always seems to be a bit of a challenge. Since we are "The Funny Family".....humorous cards seem to be what I create the most of. I think it's easier to make humorous guy cards because then you can use all kinds of stamps.

Are you wondering what's "The Funny Family?" Well...long story short...several years back my daughter Michaela asked a question something like "what family are we?" I think she was about 4 year old. I wasn't sure what they heck she was asking....so we just said "we are the funny family!" Since we are always joking around and bringing humor into about every moment of our day it seemed fitting.

Recipe:
Paper - Stampin'UP! Cardstock Naturals White; Chocolate Chip; Marigold Morning; White
Ink - Stampin'UP! Craft Going Gray; Ranger Adirondack Expresso; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan
Stamps - MissyB Designs Chicken; Inky Antics Chicken Wire; Stampin'UP! Birthday Whimsy; Repeat Impressions (?)
Punches - Marvy Uchida Scalloped Circles; EK Success 2" Paper Shapers; Stampin'UP! Word Window
Misc. - Prismacolor Pencils; Gamsol; Clear Embossing Powder; Red Twine; Stampin'UP! Stampin' Dimensionals, Copic Spica Clear Glitter Pen (used on teeth - but you can't see it in the pic)

3 comments:

Danielle L. said...

This card is way too cute and funny. And that chicken looks like she is up to no good (love it!). :)

Debbie Olson said...

This card is just darling! Love the chicken and the chicken wire background too!

Mandy said...

Ha! I love it! Too cute. ;)