Monday, February 4, 2008

Friendship Collection

Birthday Goodies

I just got a couple of the new Elzybells Friendship Collection stamps and boy are the CUTE!! I found this adorable paper from Adornit (Family Collection - Family Fun Trees) and knew it would be perfect for this stamp. It's hard to see but I did add some sparkle to the flowers on the tree branch, her hairband and her shoes with a Spica Glitter Pens. If you click on the pictures you can see it better.

I gave all these goodies to my mom for her birthday.

I stamped with Black Stazon on SU Whisper White CS and colored everything except her skin with a variety of markers (Prismacolor, SU, Tombow) Her skin I used a Prismacolor Pencil (Light Peach PC927) and blended with Gamsol. The frame is a piece of chipboard from Creative Imaginations (came in a set of 98 pieces) that I covered with paper from Lasting Impressions called Citrus Dots. Then I sanded the edges. The little flower is also a chipboard piece covered with SU Dazzling Diamonds. When I put the brad on I noticed that the back part that folds out looked like little leaves sticking out. That turned out pretty cool! White Grossgrain ribbon attached to top edge of the green textured cardstock from Bazzill.

But wait....theres more! LOL I HAD to make a little matching box to put the stamp in that I was giving my mom for one of her presents.....not like the card alone is a present :)

I got the template for this Takeout Box from the SU website here. Printed it on white cs then cut it out. The stamp I used is from Great Impressions. It's called Swirls & Blossoms and was the April 2007 Stamp of the Month. Stamped with Black Stazon and colored with Prismacolor Markers to match the card. The middle of the flowers I colored in with an Orange Spica Glitter Pen. Green Textured cardstock scalloped with corner rounder and paper pierced.

Instead of just putting the handle ribbon through the side holes and tying a knot, I used picture hanger hardware from CTMH. It really adds a great touch! Sometimes it's hard to part with those cool accessories....but look how much cuter it made it! Stamped "Happy Birthday" and punched out with SU Word Window punch.

And last but not least....
This gift bag is called a 2-5-7-10 bag. I got the pattern from Splitcoast Stampers website here.

I used Versamark ink with the Twinkles SU Wheel, covered it with Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder from Stampendous to give it total sparkle! The cupcake stamp is from the Level 2 Hostess set called Cause for Celebration. I did some paper piecing using orange and green cardstock. Added some glitter because we can't ever have too much of that....right?! :)

Scalloped the Edge with Corner Rounder Punch. Square Green Scalloped piece was punched from Marvy Uchdi Purple Scalloped Square Punch. A little paper piercing and a piece of ribbon.

So......what's in the 2-5-7-10 bag?????

Well.....OK.....I'll tell you.....it was another stamp of course! The stamp was from Whipper Snapper. It's a stamp that says "I Stamp Therefore I'm Broke" How fitting :)

And what would a birthday be without cake

3 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Hi Lori,
Adorable cards and i love that cute little decorated take out box.
sweet design !!!!
tfs.

Corie said...

WOW your mom is one LUCKY DUCK -- these are FANTASTIC

Danielle L. said...

Wow! These are all so stinkin' cute! And the Elzybells are adorable! :)