Sunday, December 2, 2007

Having fun fun fun!!

Where do I start?

I have been watching all of you out there in blogger land posting all your great projects! My brain is full of ideas already......and then I see more awesome ideas from all of you!! My craft room is full stuff to make. Talk about FUN!!

I want to post pics of some of my projects -- but I can't share everything because some are gifts and I don't want to spoil the surprise! So here are a few things that I have been doing........

Clipboards
I made some covered clipboards for the first time. They are for teachers at Michaela's school. All the teachers are getting one. Here are the 4 that I made. The pics are a tad fuzzy because I turned off the flash.


I didn't use Mod Podge. I used YES paste to glue down the paper. Then I applied several coats of Matte spray sealer from Rust-oleum. You can't really see it very good...but I did add some rhinestones on the upper corners and some decorative paperclips in with the ribbons. The beach clipboard has seashells glued down and dangled. I like the way they turned out!

Christmas Ornaments
Another project I'm currently working on is glass ornaments. This idea came from Splitcoaststampers. Click here for details. These are SO MUCH CUTER in real life! They are really hard to photograph because of the glass - and you can't really see the sparkly effects. Stamping on the transparency sheet with Stazon is easy - but the coloring is challenging. You can only use markers like Sharpie or Slick Writers - so the colors are limited. The white embossing on the back is where I usually mess up. I won't bore you with all those details. I will just say if you are going to make these - follow the instructions carefully!




This Snowman Ornament was made by Michaela! Pretty darn good for a 6 year old!


AND MORE TO COME!

**note** I don't know what I did different on this post that when you click the pictures it is asking if I want to open or save the file?? All the other pics I have posted just open the pic bigger in a new window. I'll figure this out later cause right now it's time to get Michaela off to bed :)

5 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

WOW! I love your Christmas ornaments! They look amazing! And those clipboards are so nice - what a great teacher gift! I'm sure they will appreciate them. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you've made! :)

Danielle L. said...

Beautiful clipboards and ornaments! Such great gifts and decorations :)
P.S. I think Blogger has changed how it handles opening pictures when you click on them. My blog is doing the same thing too.

Jenny said...

Hey girl! I love, love, love the clipboards! The ornaments are beautiful too! You're so smart!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

How cute are these....Sweet blog. I will be back!!!

Pam said...

OMG!!! I love your stuff! The clipboards are amazing and I am sure the teachers just loved them! (I am a teacher and I know I would have loved them!) I also love your ornaments, yours are by far the best!!!

Love your blog - I am linking yours as one of my faves!