Friday, July 24, 2015

Flights of Fantasy Sneak Peek

Hello crafty friends!

Today, Crafter's Companion USA is starting to give sneak peeks of a fabulous NEW Papercrafting CD that will be available VERY SOON! This CD is packed FULL of amazing images and paper crafting elements. All the artwork is from British artist Morgan Fitzsimons. If you are a fantasy fan, you will LOVE this!

Here's a card I made using one of the images along with some of the digi papers and elements available on the CD:
 

The image was so fun to color. I used Spectrum Noir Markers to color, then added crystal glitter.

Marker Colors:
  • Skin - TN2, FS3, FS2, CR3
  • Lips - FS8
  • Hair - GB8, GB6, GB2, GB1, GB10
  • Wings - GB1, GB6
  • Greens - CG4, CG3, CG1
  • Blues - IB3, IB1, TB1, Blender
  • Shading and Shadows - BGR1, TB1, Blender


I used my new Crafter's Companion Edge'abilities Floral Dance Die and added glitter and blue rhinestones accents. The sentiment is one of the digi elements that comes on the CD. I printed it twice, cut out and layered pieces for dimension. I did absolutely zero stamping on this card.

By the way. If you are ever questioning whether you can color printed digi images without your SN markers smearing the ink, just give it a try. I have an HP inkjet printer and I have not problems at all. To be extra sure, just zap the printed images with a heat gun. That should usually set in the ink on the paper good enough.


I printed the fairy images twice, so I could trim a few pieces to pop up for dimension. You can see it on the picture above - the wings and a few flowers.

Stay tuned to Crafter's Companion USA for more sneak peeks and the release of Flight of Fantasy.


Crafty hugs,


Supplies
Crafter's Companion Morgan Fitzsimons Flight of Fantasy CDROM

Crafter's Companion Die'sire Edgiables - Floral Dance
Spectrum Noir Premium White Cardstock
Spectrum Noir Markers
Cut'N'Boss Die Cuting machine
Ultra Fine Crystal Glitter
Blue Rhinestones
Ribbon
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Printer
Glue Pen

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

applejack cards by sue said...

This is so beautiful. I have both the butterfly and this gorgeous flower 'edge' and I have been looking for a tutorial for ages. I recorded a program where it was demonstrated.. then I lost it so I am very pleased to see your project. I would love to learn more techniques with these dies but cannot find any.