Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Celebrate with Stars

I can't believe it's my 4th week over on the Paper Smooches Blog! When I received my package of goodies to be the April guest designer...I was THRILLED they sent me the new Stars die set.

I used 4 of the 7 dies from the set on my card. This would make a great card for 4th of July ---- which will be here before you know it! You could also make this 1/2 as tall and into name tags or decorate paper treat sacks. How about cutting a longer strip and making a wrap for around napkins! For a Graduation card/party you could use the school colors. You get the idea.


The sentiment is from the new Bold Buzzwords set. I'm soooo happy I got that set too! I stamped the dots and blue stars from the Primary stamp set. Then I took the smallest star die and cut out the centers of the blue stamped stars. The inside of the card is lined with white cardstock...so that's the white you see showing through.

I die-cut several blue star to frame the stamped stars. The large red star is die-cut...then used a smaller star to cut the center. I die-cut a mirror star (same mirror adhesive sheet I used for THIS card) and pieced it down flat into the middle.



Grab our bannerCheck out today's post over on the Paper Smooches Blog to see Teri Anderson's card using the same Stars die set and Bold Buzzwords set. Don't forget to leave a little love while you're over there ;)

Make sure to come back next week for my 5th and final gdt project with Paper Smooches.



Have a creative day!
 
Supplies:
Stamps - Paper Smooches Bold Buzzwords and Primary
Dies - Paper Smooches Stars
Paper - A Muse Studio & Bazzill
Inks - Tsukineko Memento; A Muse Studio Pigment; Ranger Archival
Misc. - Adhesive Backed Mirror Sheet from Tim Holtz; 3D Foam Adhesive; silver cording; washi tape; diecut machine; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (to staple the cording)

No comments: