Monday, May 25, 2009

Hippo birdie to me!

amuse-bouche - Day 4

Today I'm gonna have my cake...and eat it too ;) hee hee hee. It's my birthday -- and I have a treat for YOU! mmm...mmm....Good!



How can anyone resist the new Pirate Bird and Hippo stamps!! And the new sentiment "Hippo birdie to you!" is a MUST to go with. I couldn't wait to get these stamps inked up to create this little scene. ALL the new A Muse Summer Fun images are da'bomb!

Here's a closeup to show where I added some shimmer to the waves and eye patch with a Clear Spica Glitter Pen. It's always a challenge to get that on a pic. I made the flag with the Retro Rectangle stamp and then drew the flag pole by hand.



Don't forget to check out the other A Muse Creative Team blogs and the A Muse News Blog for more of today's "Pirate Fun!" amuse-bouche. One more day of sneak peeks - then on the 27th you'll get to see ALL the new Summer Fun images on-line :)

Recipe:
Stamps -
A Muse Artstamps Pirate Chick, Hippo, Hippo birdie, Waves, Retro Rectangle
Paper -
A Muse Artstamps 4-Robins Egg Blue, International Even Strips Pretty Little Papers; White Cardstock; Bazzill Black Cardstock
Ink -
A Muse Artstamps Black Dye, Ranger Adirondack Earthtones Red Pepper & Brights Pool
Misc. -
A Muse Artstamps Clear Twinkle Stickers; Copic Markers Y38 Honey, E33 Sand, Y13 Lemon Yellow, Y15 Cadmium Yellow, R05 Salmon Red, BG10 Cool Shadow, W1 Warm Gray no.1, W2 Warm Gray no.2, 0 Colorless Blender; Copic Spica Glitter Pen Clear; Red and Black Micron Pens; Dimensionals

14 comments:

Yvette said...

Have a very happy birthday!!! :)

Cute card!!!

Jill Grace said...

OMG - this is so fun Lori! :)

Hippo birdie to you too!

Dawn said...

Hey, Lori, this is great!!! That retro triangle for a flag is perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Hee hee this is totally cute, made me giggle.

cheiron said...

This is great! What a great idea for a flag..so fun!

Jennie M said...

Oh my GOSH!! This is freaking adorable Lori!! I love that flag and this scene is just perfect!! WOW!!

Unknown said...

an ah ha moment! the flag is tooo much! love it all!!

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...this is FANTASTIC! I wish I could think simple as well as you do! :o)

lexi said...

this is brilliant!! i keep picturing pirate bird on top of the hippo, but i never would have thought of the flag idea!!! hippo birdie to you!

Debbie Corbari said...

ARE YA KIDDING ME?!?! I MISSED your BIRTHDAY?! wha-wha-WHAT?! What are ya THINKING having a birthday on Memorial Day?! LOL! I hope you had a ROCKIN day babe....I'm so sorry I missed it!

Susan N. said...

Happy Birthday Lori! Cute card.

Rhonda said...

Oh, so cute!! What a clever idea to use the retro rectangle to make a flag!!! You rock!

Pamela said...

This card is so cute! I love it.

Anonymous said...

How in the world did I miss that you were the Birthday babe on the 25th? Happy Belated!!! Hope you celebrated all week!