Tuesday, November 11, 2008

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge

What Ya Gonna Do With All That Junk...All That Junk...

OK....so it's not Monday...it's Tuesday. Oh well! I'm still here to post my projects for the HM & Friends Monday Challenge Blog. It's just a little piece of junk! ha ha ha ha ha

House Mouse & Friends Challenge #13 - Junk
Our challenge this week is to Use Your Junk!! You know...that stuff in a drawer or maybe a basket that just sits in there...waiting to get used someday. Your challenge is to use something from your pile of junk on your creation. Just go over to that junk drawer...open it...grab something...and create! It's entirely your choice what you make, as long as it features at one Mouse or Friends image.

Here's my creation using junk from one of many junk drawer piles in my house. Yes...that's right...I have several junk drawers!



The "junk" I used is Floral Wire. When I went to my kitchen and opened the junk drawer...I saw this piece of green floral wire...and right away thought of making a wall hanging. I used the wire to hang the 2 pieces of chipboard together...and for the hanger.



These mice are so cute!! The white icing on the gingerbread house has glitter on it. The gum drops and jelly beans have Copic Clear Spica Glitter Pen on them. For the candy canes and striped round mints I used Sakura Clear Glaze Pen for some shine.

So what ya gonna do with all your junk?!

Recipe:
Stamps - House-Mouse Designs Christmas Clear Set
Paper - Bazzill Green and Red Textured CS
Ink - Tsukineko Versafine Black; SU Riding Hood Red & Wild Wasabi Classic
Misc. - Prismacolor Pencils; Gamsol OMS; Copic Spica Glitter Pen Clear; Sakura Clear Glaze Pen; Zutter Round-It-All 1/2" Corner Rounder; Unique Pages Chipboard Scalloped Coaster; Misc. piece of Chipboard, Floral Wire; Misc Brads; Dimensionals; Sakura Quickie Glue Pen; Mark Enterprises Ultra fine White Crystal Snow; Sanding Block

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog HERE.
House-Mouse Designs Official Website HERE.
Tips on how you can easily color the House-Mouse Stamp Images HERE

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, so cute Lori!

Catherine said...

way to use your junk :)
too cute!

Rachel said...

this is adorable!

jenstamps said...

You've got some great "junk"! :)

Misty said...

Awwww, this is so cute. I need to use more of my junk!
Love that mouse stamp.
Misty

Janneke said...

So Cute ;)

X Janneke

America said...

what an adorable hanger. youve got great ideas. very creative. love how we took our junk and made something with it. I always say "save that" to any little something that looks remotely like something artsy/useful for a card.... my DH thinks its just me being a packrat! LOL. little does he know!! look at yours! :)

wild4blue said...

Very creative....love your colouring.

Els G. said...

Love this wall hanger, it's gorgeous! What a creative idea to come up with!
Els
x