Monday, September 15, 2008

Simply Sweet for Trick or Treat

Heather's Share Your Spark Friday

This weeks addition of share your spark Friday over on Heather's blog is to make something other than a card. YES!! This is just what I needed! Time to move away from the cards! Time to make something fun with those awesome tools and supplies I have that are collecting dust!

These little treat bags were fast fast fast to make. Perfect for "think simple...think A Muse" style --
don't ya think :) Stamp, fold, embellish, DONE! OK...there's a little more to it than that....but that pretty much sums it up.

These would be perfect to give out as little thank you treats at a stamping party, open house, etc. I plan on filling them up with Halloween M&M's and giving them to all my kids and grandkids.

Using my Big Kick, I cut out the bags with cardstock and then stamped on them. One little piece of sticky tape is all that's needed to put them together. Next I stamped the ghosts & pumpkins on cardstock and applied glitter with a glue pen. Ghosts are cut out - pumpkins punched with circle punch and attached to bag with dimensionals.The little tags are actually the insides of the bag handles. I didn't have a stamp small enough...so I wrote on them by hand. (Not the best...but hey...I tried.) The thread I used to tie them on is called Bakers Twine from Martha Stewart. I got it last year after Halloween on clearance. I totally knew I bought that for something! ha ha ha

Thanks Heather for getting me out of making cards today :)

Recipe:
Stamps - A Muse Art Stamps Simple Celebrations Clear Set, Crooked Fence, Fancy Borders Clear Set
Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, SU Green Galore & Olny Orange CS
Ink - Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black,
Misc. - Prismacolor Marker, Copic Spica Glitter Pen, Big Kick Machine, Ellson Design Bag Thick Cut Die, Martha Stewart Bakers Twine, Black Micron Pen, SU Dimensionals, Double Sided Stick Tape

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that same baker's twine! Isn't it great!?

These are cute treat boxes (and you used my favorite A Muse ghost)!

Thanks for playing again this week and "sharing your spark!"

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...those are great too! I'm officially jealous of your stamping greatness!

Judy Rozema said...

STOP being an enabler!!! I don't NEED the Big Kick......I don't WANT the Big Kick......but I WANT these adorable little boxes......what to do what to do....

Carolyn Bounds said...

These are so much fun!!!! You decorated them perfectly, and great thinking on the tags! Silly me wouldn't have thought of that. Your kids and grandkids are gonna love 'em:o)

Anonymous said...

Super cute treat boxes!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! What fun little treat bags!!