Friday, December 21, 2007

Some of my goodies

Chipboard Fun

Here is 1 of several Christmas Wall Hangings I made for gifts. This one was for my sister-in-law. I will post pics of the others in the days ahead. Naturally....these are way cuter in person! Click on the pics to get a closer look :)

Recipe:
Scalloped Coaster Chipboard pieces from Unique Pages http://www.uniquepages.net/ were covered with paper from Basic Grey Figgy Pudding collection. I was able to die cut the paper at a local scrapbook store that has an Accucut die that works for these coasters. The paper is pasted down to the chipboard with YES! paste. I then sanded the edges and inked with a brown chalk ink. 4" square of brown cardstock under a 3 1/2" white cardstock. Doodle lines are hand drawn with a Micron Marker. The letters were traced from chipboard letters from http://www.uniquepages.net/ and cut out. I also used chalk ink on the edges of the letters and some Alabaster Colorbox Chalk was dabbed on with a sponge for a little snow effect. Letters are attached with dimensionals. The trees and snowman were cut from the patterned paper and glued down. Snowflake Brads are attached with Red Sticky Strip - but I first cut off the underside part of the brads that fold under. Blue Robins Nest Dew Drops are attached with glue dots. I used a Crop-a-dile to punch holes and put the pieced together with wire. Added a couple ribbon accents to finish off.

Turned out totally cute!! I wanted to keep it for myself :)

1 comment:

Shannon McGann said...

This is just beautiful. TFS.