Monday, September 14, 2009

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge

Today is our 52nd HM & Friends Challenge. That's a LOT of challenges! Have you noticed on the HM Challenge blog there are 287 followers! WOW! I hope you have enjoyed each challenge...and have found time to play with your HM stamps.

Important News - Challenges are now going to be posted every other Monday instead of every Monday - starting today. 2 weeks to get a challenge completed....you can handle that...right?! LOL ;) So when is the next challenge? Monday September 28th.

House Mouse & Friends Challenge #52: A Year-In-Review

Choose from any of our past challenges and create a new project. Make sure you let us know which one you pick! But wait...hold on to your tails...we have a sponsor this week!! YIPPEE! Wait till you see all the stash up for grabs!!!

Get all the details HERE.

Now......on to my card. I picked Challenge #30 - make a shaped card. I had this idea of creating a tombstone shaped Halloween card - so the shaped card challenge worked perfect. What a cool lookin' bat that mouse makes.

The gray cardstock is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and then sanded off. I lined up the folder so the skull was right up there on top! OH YEAH...that is perfect! I also added little black Twinkle Stickers in the eyes of the skull. Check out that cool fence at the bottom ;) Since I don't have a fence border punch *gasp!* I created my own.

Take a closer look at that mouse...

Those wings are covered with Sugar Plum Shimmerz Paint. Soooooo shimmery! I also used a clear glaze pen on the eye.

Open up the card to find a bunch of bones. Imagine that! LOL!


Recipe:
Stamps - House-Mouse Designs Halloween Clear Set; Inkadinkado Spider and Web; SU Haunting Halloween
Paper - Papertrey Ink White CS; Bazzill BlackCS; DCWV Fall Stack CS; Bo Bunny Press Dem Bones patterned paper;
Ink - A Muse Artstamps Black Dye Ink;
Misc. - Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol;
A Muse Artstamps Black Twinkle Stickers; purple rhinestones from stash; Shimmerz Paint Sugar Plum Paint; Tim Holtz Mini screw brads; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Sizzix Tag Super Scallop; Die Cute machine; Crystal Effects; Dimensional Foam Tape; Sanding Block; Black Micron Pen; EK Success Bat Border Punch; Sakura Clear Glaze Pen

9 comments:

  1. Oh--My--G-o-o-d-n-e-s-s! How adorable is that! So, so cute Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! What a wonderful job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl...that is an amazing card...what detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Lori ;0)
    Love that Mousie !

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori - this is delightful - I just love it all - so beautifully done and amazing details. Just look a Batmouses teetch they are hilarious - another on my wishlist.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative, FUN and super ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really outdone yourself this time, Lori! This is jaw dropping amazing. When I look at this I just wonder what goes on inside your head to create it. I wish I could have that inside my head!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading them :)