Monday, June 6, 2016

Stay Cool

Here's a refreshing card that's totally needed for the hot weather we are having here in the Phoenix area!

It's also a perfect card for our "Use A Die" Challenge going on this month over at Spectrum Noir. I thought it would also be a great time to show something fun and different using your dies and Spectrum Noir Refill Inks.



I used several die-cuts on my card. The dies and stamps are all from My Favorite Things. I can't get enough of their products. They rock!

If you look closely, I die-cut the cup and lid from clear acetate. To make the coffee effect (on the back side of the acetate piece) I sponged some Ranger Picket Fence Distress Paint on areas. Then I added white embossing powder and heat set. Next, I dripped on some EB3 and EB9 Spectrum Noir Refill Inks and tapped around with an alcohol ink blending pad to mix and and blend the inks. It turned out AWESOME!


The band around the coffee cup is made from the same cup die. I die-cut with white cardstock, then trimmed away the ends. I colored with Spectrum Noir Markers IB1, IB3 and IG1.

The pierced rectangle panel is die-cut from white cardstock, but before removing the paper from the die, I sponged on some Mustard Seed Distress ink. Had to get some summer sun color on the card! LOL

Go check out all the June Spectrum Noir Challenge details HERE.

Stay cool and creative,

Supplies:
Spectrum Noir Refill Inks
Spectrum Noir Markers
My Favorite Things Stay Cool Stamp Set
My Favorite Things Cool Cup Die
My Favorite Things STAX Pierced Rectangle Die
My Favorite Things Fresh Dots & Stripes 6"x6" Paper Pad
Crafter's Companion Heat Resistant Acetate
Spectrum Noir White Cardstock
Red Cardstock
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
Distress Ink Mustard Seed
Ink Blending Tool
Ranger Picket Fence Distress Paint
White Embossing Powder
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Embossing Tool
Alcohol Ink Applicator
Die-cutting Machine
Red Rhinestone
Dimensional Glue
Glue Pen
Crystal Glitter
Liquid Adhesive
Tape Runner
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Mix Sequin

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Hi Lori! This looks soooo yummy ~ What an awesome card!
Stop by for a visit some time and check out my challenges.
I'd love to have you join me :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys