Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sparkle Pen Stamping and Watercoloring

Hey there! I wanted to share another great way to use those fabulous Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens. Check this out...
 

I painted the pens directly onto the Crafter's Companion Floral Delight stamp...then "huffed" on to re-moisten the ink...then stamped on Spectrum Aqua Extra White Watercolor Cardstock. On the flower I used Red Berry. For the stem and center for the flower I used Olive Jade. After stamping, I used a watercolor brush to "pull" color from the stamped image to watercolor it.

Tip: If you are coloring the stamped image, and you don't seem to have enough color, just scribble the Sparkle Pen on a craft mat or acrylic block. Then pick up more color from the that to add to your stamped image. Easy peasy!


See the beautiful sparkle! LOVE! I really love this card design. The big bold flower and bold sentiment take center stage. Pure CAS baby!

Check out all the other great projects and tutorials over on the Spectrum Noir Blog. Loads of inspiration, instructions, videos and more!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a simply beautiful day!
Supplies:
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
Crafter's Companion Floral Delight Stamp Set
Spectrum Aqua Extra White Watercolor Cardstock
Black Ink
Black Enamel Dots
White Notecard
Black & White Striped Designer Paper
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Watercolor Brush

1 comment:

Fran said...

Your flower and card is beautiful! I love your technique. I have one favor to ask. Is there anyway you could make your font larger. It is very hard to read with my old eyes :) Thank You!

Fran