Thursday, October 29, 2015

Crazy about boxes!

I absolutely LOVE making boxes, bags and other fun "gift giving" containers. Here's yet another great box project I created.
 
 
When constructing containers out of paper, it really does make a difference when using a good quality cardstock. Crafter's Companion USA has the hookup!!! They offer both plain white Construction Cardstock and high quality heavyweight Designer Card Packs!


I used the 11x17 Timeless Card Pack for this project. Each pack comes with 20 sheets (10 designs x 2 sheets.)


If you have stamps (of course you do!), you can make custom tissue paper. I used Golden Glitz Delicata Ink to stamp some butterflies from the Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors stamp set on a piece of plain white tissue paper.


On the top of the box, I layered a piece of the Timeless cardstock on top of a slighter larger piece of cardstock that I edged with a Gold Leafing Pen.


Here's a close-up of the drawer pull-knob. I made it with some of my beading supplies. Super simple, yet really brings an extra bit of elegance as well as functionality.


This project was another one I did that aired earlier this month on the Home Shopping Network.



 Happy Crafting!

Delicata  Golden Glitz Ink Pad
Krylon 18KT Gold Leafing Pen
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Ribbon
Hole Punch
Misc beads

No comments: