Thursday, January 29, 2015

NEW Stencils from Crafter's Companion USA

Today is the DAY!!! Crafter's Compaion USA is releasing 8 NEW Sheena Douglass Decorative Stencils!!! WOOHOO!

I made this card using two of the new stencils - Distress Grid and Shady Meadow.

Stencils are SO popular! You can do just about everything with them. On my card, I used a portion of the Shady Meadow Stencil to sponge Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on the card base. What an easy way to make designer cards! I just put the stencil down where I wanted some of the pattern, sponged the ink, moved the stencil to another spot on the card and sponged again. So simple! And cleanup of the stencil is so easy, because distress inks just wipe right off.

Next, I die-cut a heart and sponged on Spun Sugar distress ink over the Distress Grid Stencil. Then I stamped a the flower with Warm Lipstick Distress Ink and the little hearts with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. I added a little shading on the flower by using an Aquabrush and a little of the Peacock Feathers Ink.

All around the edges of the heart is Silver Halo Glitter Mix from Stampendous. I could EAT that stuff!


I decided I wanted the heart to be thick like chipboard. So I die-cut like 3 more hearts out of white cardstock, then adhered them all together on back of the decorated heart. I love how it turned out. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed in white on a scrap piece of Rose Pearl Shimmering Cardstock. and popped up with foam tape. A few rhinestones in the center of the flower and then popped the entire piece on the card front with foam adhesive.


I really appreciate you taking time to stop by my blog today :)

Supplies:
Sheena Decorative Stencils - Distress Grid and Shady Meadow
Sentimentals Vintage Floral Collection - Greetings Stamp Set
Sheena A Little Bit Festive - Ivy Borders
Sheena A Little Bit Sketchy - Bloomin' Beautiful
Die'sire Essentials - Hearts
Shimmering Cardstock Rose Pearl
Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers
VersaMark Ink
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Teal Cardstock
White Embossing Powder,
Stampenous Silver Halo Mix Glitter,
Rhinestone Stickers
Aquabrush
Ink Blending Foam
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Glue Pen
Die-cutting/embossing machine
Heat Tool

1 comment:

Sally said...

Love it!
Hugs Sally xxx