Friday, November 28, 2014

Sugar and Spice for Black Friday

Hello friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day yesterday. I had a great day spending time with some of my family...and of course yummy food.

Today we have more NEW sweet goodies being featured at Crafter's Companion USA. I've been hard at work thinking of ideas on how to use the NEW Scalloped Cupcake Wrapper. I don't know about you...but I love finding ways to use things for more than they were intended.  Here's something really simple that I came up...but I gotta share a little story about how it came to be...

So I jumped in my car and headed to a local cupcake shop -- which I had never been to.  I wanted to buy a few yummy cupcakes to use when taking pics of my projects. I had visions of beautiful cupcakes wrapped in my paper crafting and packaged in the most perfect little cupcake boxes. It was gonna be AWESOME! I get to the place...walk in...and I was hit with an instant "SERIOUSLY?!" UUUGH! These cupcakes were BIG. Not the standard size we make at home. I almost walked empty handed....but I though maybe I would try to cut them down and make 'em smaller. (That would have been a sight! LOL)  OK...so I get home and start designing my projects. Sure enough...those suckers didn't fit. I sat there thinking....thinking....thinking....THEN...it HIT ME! Put 2 wrappers together!


It worked PERFECT! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! (yes...that's lemon cake ;)

Here's how:

Die-cut and emboss 2 wrappers.

Fold at creases like this...then attach the ends together.


Here's a yummy coconut cupcake.  How could I resist ;) Totally makes the cupcake looks extra extra special!

I used the new Rose Pearl Shimmering 8" x 8" Cardstock to make these wrappers. The little flag comes in the NEW Cupcake Insert Flag die set. It's die-cut and embossed from a scrap piece of the new Construction Cardtsock. The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Vintage Floral Collection Sentimentals and stamped with StazOn Midi Emerald City.   I have several other fun projects to share in the coming days. These new dies and templates will be getting a LOT of use in my house :)

DON'T FORGET to check out all the GREAT Black Friday Deals we have going on at Crafter's Companion USA!

Have a safe and fun Black Friday

No comments: