Friday, November 28, 2014

Let's PARTY!

HELLO!!! I'm back :)  I couldn't resist sharing another NEW Die from Crafter's Companion USA! Since they're having a HUGE Black Friday Sale, I thought it would be great to show you more sample ideas with more new products.

Check out the NEW Die'sire Create-A-Card Party Invitation Die. This is a standard A2 Card Size!!!! YAY!!!
 


I diecut and trimmed my piece -- them adhered flat down on a white A2 notecard. I used the NEW Coastal Pearl Shimmering Cardstock along with Candy Red Shimmering Cardstock for the Lace Bloom 3D Diecut Flowers

These dies are actually designed so they don't cut around the outside edge...which means you can line them up with your folded card blanks to cut beautifully designed cards in a snap! Run it through your diecutting machine once to cut out the design....run it through again using the embossing mat to add the embossed details. OH MY WORD...are they ever AMAZING! If I would have had a package of the NEW Shimmering Coastal Blue A2 Prescored Cards, I would totally have done it with those!
 
I added some sparkle to the raised embossed areas with a glue pen and crystal glitter. Shimmer and sparkle makes me happy :)

Helpful Hints and Design Ideas:

After I ran my piece through to emboss...I noticed a few areas that weren't "embossed" enough to my liking.


All I did was flip over the die on a foam mat and fixed the areas by hand embossing with a stylus.


  Quick and easy!
 
To add a black glossy embossed shine to words "Party Invitation" - I placed the die back over the piece. (Tip: First treat your cardstock piece with anti-static powder to help stray bits of embossing powder from sticking where you don't want it.)

 
Using a Versamark Marker, I colored inside the letters. Next, removed the die, sprinkle on the embossing powder and heat emboss. I did 1 word at a time. I also did this same techinque to the centers of the flower centers. If you don't have a Versamark Marker, you could use a dauber with your Versamark Ink pad.

That's it for today...I think ;)


Happy Shopping!

No comments: