Thursday, October 16, 2014

NEW Decorative Stencils from Crafter's Companion

I'm SUPER EXCITED to share the NEW Sheena Decorative Stencils that are now available from Crafter's Companion USA. In addition to the new stencils, there's NEW stamp sets added to the Sheena Douglass - A Little Bit Magical Collection. Great new products!

For my card design, I used the new Deer and City Trees stencils. Each stencil is 8" x 6", but I only used a portion of each.


I was able to achieve this stunning texture on the trees by using Glossy White Dreamweaver Embossing Paste mixed with some Eye of the Tiger Dreamweaver Metallic F/X. I spread the paste over the stencil on Gold Dust Shimmering Cardstock. After removing the stencil, I immediately dusted additional metallic powder over the wet embossing paste. I let the paste dry slightly (15 - 20 minutes or so) then used a soft paintbrush to brush around the loose metallic powder. Next I heat it with my embossing gun. The result was an awesome bumpy texture...which I LOVE!

Once the piece was cooled off, I used a soft rag to rub the excess powder around the cardstock -- and help clean off any loose powder. (Actually...I think I used my finger...and then the soft rag! LOL) This is just one of the ways you can use the embossing pastes. If you prefer a smooth finish, don't use a heat gun. Just let the paste dry completely on it's own.


I sponged the deer onto the piece with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. For the snow, I spread the white embossing paste freehand using the Palette Knife. While still wet, I sprinkled with glitter - then let completely dry.


The sentiment is from Vintage Christmas Collection Sentimentals - Season's Greetings set. I've stamped on vellum and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I added a little chipboard star as if it were on top of the tree.

Check out all the great NEW products on the website HERE. FYI - Crafter's Companion is also selling Dreamweaver Embossing Paste and Accessories too! SCORE!!!

Fun stuff!!!

No comments: