Monday, September 15, 2014

Thank you SEW much!

Here's a Mid-Way Reminder for our current House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #178.  The theme this time is "Paper Piecing"

I've used patterned paper to piece on the pin cushion - and white paper cut out with the mice in thimbles and the empty thimble - then adhered flat on top.



Everything was colored with Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils along with Blending Solution and Paper Stumps:
Mice - 005, 008, 092, 089, 112, 117
Background - 061, 117
Ground - 019, 086
Pin Cushion - 025, 119, 120
Thimbles - 112, 117

I added Crystal Clear Glass Effects to the pin heads and the needle on the sentiment. I die-cut the image panel and the scalloped square from Crafter's Companion Die-sire Essentials Squares set and Essentials Scalloped Squares set. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed with white. I cut the ends with pinking sheers and stitched the ends.


The inside of the card:



In addition to the fun designer buttons glitter cardstock - I used Saffron and Apple cardstock from A Muse Studio. Sewing was done on my Janome Sew Mini Machine.

I love how my card turned out! SEW much fun ;)

Thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great week ahead!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is adorable!

Lorraine A said...

super cute card Lori :-) love everything about this :-)

luv
Lols x x x