Monday, August 11, 2014

I give you my heart

WOO HOO!!!! House-Mouse Monday time!!!!

Challenge #176: No coloring of images on a "thinking of you" or "get well" card.
This challenge is extra special. A couple of our team members are going through a difficult time at the moment so we have dedicated this challenge to them. Just one way we can show them how much we care and let them know we are thinking about them during this difficult time. 
All the challenge and prize details are on our blog HERE.


Today I'm sharing 2 stamps used 2 ways....without ANY coloring! I KNOW!!! THUD!!!

My first card features paper piecing and glitter.


I think it's sooo coool how I was able to create color and shading with paper and glitter! All the hearts you see in the background -- on the kraft cardstock -- I sponged Antique Linen Distress ink with a Tim Holtz heart stencil.

If you look close, I actually cut out the ears and adhered them down where the ear meets the head...leaving the rest to pop-up slightly. :) I also cut out all 4 of the little hands. Tiny little pieces...but really make a difference!

 
My next card features colored inks and shimmer spray.


Using sponge daubers and pigment inks - I was able to bring color and life to my image by applying the ink colors to the rubber stamp. Then I lightly mist the inked up stamp with Sparkle Shimmer Spritz spray. This lightly re-moistens any of the inks that may have started to dry a bit on the rubber - plus adds a beautiful subtle shimmer. LOVE! You can't see it...but I also sprayed the green note card with shimmer spray.



Same 2 stamps...2 completely different cards! Now go check out all the FANTASTIC "no coloring" cards the rest of the team designed. It will BLOW YOU AWAY! See 'em HERE. You won't be able to resist joining the fun and making a card yourself ;)

The House-Mouse stamp I used is called "I give you my heart" - featuring Amanda and Mudpie. Such a sweet stamp :) HERE is a card I made a while back with this same stamp - colored.


Thanks for checkin' in with me today. I hope you have a creative week!

3 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

Lori these are simply FABULOUS!!! What wonderfully inventive ideas for this "no coloured image" theme!!! Love them both!!
Take care,
Beth

Dorte said...

Stunning cards, Lori, super take on the 'Do not color image' theme,
hugs Dorte

Tracy said...

Two very gorgeous cards. Love them both.
Happy crafting
Tracy x