Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hugs & Kisses from Mom

I'm personally inviting you to play along with us for the August Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge. I KNOW you'll have a TON of ideas for this one!

Our theme:  All About School
Create a card or project with any sort of school theme - bookmarks, classroom charts, mini-album with pictures, gift for a teacher or classmate, pencil box.... the possibilities are endless! Get all the details and enter your project picture to the challenge gallery HERE.

My project: Back to School Mini Notes


I created a fun page with a pocket to hold mini notes that I'll be putting in my daughter's lunch box. So cute!! It's hanging on the wall in my craft room. If you wanted to, you could put magnets on the back and hang it on the frig.


All the notes fit in the pocket  - with room to spare. It's also a great place for other important slips of paper that need to be returned to school the next day.


To go with the school theme, I used chalkboard cardstock to die-cut. LOVE the stuff! And check out the cool paper clip. FUN!


I used 2 stamp sets from Crafter's Companoin to get a variety of sentiments that worked perfectly for my project:
I left a couple blanks so I can write my own note.


The little flower image is from Crafter's Companion - A New Leaf stamp set.




I've been putting little notes in my daughter's lunch for years. Finding a little love from "mom" tucked in their lunch box is sure to brighten a kids day :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Project Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Vintage Floral Collection - Verses stamp set
Crafter's Companion Sentimentals - Family amd Friends stamp set
Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy - A New Leaf stamp set
Various Inks
Silver Eyelets
Creative Impressions Tape Measure Ribbon
Bakers Twine
PICTOME Woman Paper Clip
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon  DP
Bazzill Cardstock
DCWV Chalkboard Stack cardstock

http://a.pgtb.me/FGmb8Z

2 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Lori, love your design! I'm with you sister, a smile is the best!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

America said...

Oh Lori what a wonderful Mommy you are and what a fabulous idea to brighten your daughter's day. I love the page and the little notes. Youve inspired me. Thank you my friend.