Thursday, July 3, 2014

Was It Something I Said?

When I saw this sentiment on the Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy - King for a Day stamp set, I couldn't resist making this card...

Isn't that hysterical! Those birds are totally giving the cold shoulder treatment!!!

There's something EXTRA SPECIAL on my card! NEW Shimmering Cardstock from Crafter's Companion. I used the NEW Black Pearl to die cut the birdcage, cut out the heart and behind the brown polka dot paper. This new cardstock comes in 6 colors. It's heavyweight and GREAT for die cutting! It's smooth -- which means it's perfect for stamping or using in your printer. AND...it has the same shine on BOTH sides! I love it and you will too.


The birds are stamped on Kraft cardstock. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed on High Gloss cardstock that I diecut it into a speech bubble. I colored with Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils, Blending Solution and Paper Stumps. I didn't get all fancy with my coloring -- just because I wanted it to be more artsy looking. I did try to keep it clean and simple. I'm good with CASAF (clean and simple artsy fartsy)  and I'm totally happy with how it came together. So fun!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my creation.



Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Big Sketchy - King for a Day stamp set
Crafter's Companion Shimmering Cardstock from Crafter's Companion
Spectrum Noir High Gloss cardstock
Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils - Essentials Set - 067, 071, 117, 120, 095, 089, 020, 001 Spectrum Noir Blending Solution and Paper Stumps
Tim Holtz Tag Die, Caged Bird Die, Tiny Attacher
Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Ink Blending Tool
Black Pigment Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Paper Smooches Quotables Dies
Doodlebug 6x6 patterned paper pad
Silver Magic Mesh
White Gel Pen
Ribbon & Twine
Foam Adhesive

No comments: