Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thinking of You

I'm always looking for cool ways to use my stamps and supplies. Today I'm sharing an easy die-cutting technique that can be used to show off a sentiment.

First thing I did is take a piece of white cardstock and sprintz 2 colors of ink sprays on it. I zapped it with my heat gun to speed up the drying time. 


Next I stamped the sandcastle silhouette image from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Highlands stamp set with black ink. Easy so far...right ;)

I wanted to place more focus on the sentiment - so I die-cut a cloud on the sprayed panel to create a "recessed" cloud. This is gonna worked perfect! Look at all the different layers and dimension in the close-up pic.


I stamped a sentiment from Vintage Florals - Sentimentals and on a piece of white cardstock -- and adhered it with foam tape behind the "recessed" cloud opening. I popped a couple smaller die cut clouds on top with foam tape. Next, layer the entire panel on yellow cardstock with foam tape -- and then adhere the entire panel flat to a white cardbase. AWESOME!!!



The last thing I did was add a die cut pail & shovel along with some "sand" - which I created by sprinkling some Flowersoft Ultrafine Sand on top of Antique Linen Distress Stickles.

Look at that shimmer!

Tip: Die-cut small shapes a few extra times and stack them together with glue. This makes 'em sturdy...plus adds dimension.

Don't forget to play our Monthly Challenge over at Crafter's Companion USA -- Show Off Your Sentiments


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Crafter's Companion Vintage Florals - Sentimentals Stamp Set
A Muse Studio cardstock
Bazzill cardstock
Black Archival Ink
Dylusions Calypso Teal Ink Spray
Tattered Angels Crushed Shells Glimmer Mist
Memory Box Cloud Die Set
FlowerSoft Ultrafine Sand
Ranger Antique Linen Distress Stickles
3D Foam Adhesive

2 comments:

VanessaB said...

ooooooooooh. GORGEOUS!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Are your hands still blue ... or am I the only one who gets coated in ink when I do these types of things?!? :)

This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the spritzed bg and the fun sand. Great idea to showcase the sentiment in the cloud! Really sweet!