Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Love Blossomed in Watercolor

Here I am again with yet another watercolor project! I just can't STOP!!! LOL.

My design idea started with the sentiment. It reminded me of the stamp set I have with flowers going from a bud to fully bloomed. The flower stamps are from Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy - A New Leaf set. The sentiment stamp is from  Vintage Floral Collection - Sentimentals Phrases. Both are from Crafter's Companion

This design turned out just the way I wanted! Yet another sample of how CAS can work on a card with watercoloring. Complete happiness in my craft world:) 
  

I stamped the flowers and sentiment with StazOn Midi Claret ink on Strathmore Bristol 100lb Vellum. This Bristol paper board has a smoother surface than typical watercolor paper, giving nice detail on stamped images. It works for watercoloring, as long as you don't get the paper soaking wet ...and don't scrub it. 

I painted in the images with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors. When dry, I added some highlights with white acrylic paint. I mat the piece flat on pink cardstock, then adhered to the cardbase with foam adhesive. For the card base, I stamped the leaves (also from the A New Leaf set) with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.

Don't forget to check out all the amazing projects we have over on Facebook and the Crafter's Companion Information Blog. We have the most outstanding designers!


Thanks for hangin' with me today!

Supplies:
Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy - A New Leaf stamp set
Crafter's Companion Vintage Floral Collection - Sentimentals - Phrases stamp set
StazOn Midi Claret Ink

Ranger Distress Peeled Paint Ink
Strathmore Bristol Vellum 100lb

A Muse Studio Fern & Grapefruit Cardstock
Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors 36 Color set

White Acrylic Paint
Crystal Rhinestones
Double-Sided Foam Adhesive

1 comment:

FitterTwit said...

That is absolutely beautiful Lori!!!