Saturday, June 14, 2014

Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils ROCK!

Hello friends!

Here's a clean and simple card I designed using my new Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils. I LOVE the bright colors and blends I was able to create with these pencils! It looks great against the teal background paper.

The flower stamp is from Crafter's Companion Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy Stamp Set - Bloomin' Beautiful.   This is one of my new favorite floral sets. I love the larger size of the images and how they work perfectly with a standard size card.

 
To create the flower, I stamped it 2x on white cardstock with black ink - colored and trimmed. I used 2 of the pencil sets to color the flower - Floral and Nature - along with Blending Solution and Paper Blending Stumps.
 
Pencil Colors:
Flower Center - 103
Flower Yellow - 021, 043
Flower Orange - 043, 025, 026
 
In the center of the flower, I added dots using a white gel pen - then covered  it with 3D Crystal Lacquer.
 
 
Each layer of the flower is popped up with foam adhesive. I tucked some brown jute under the flower and scattered a few Dew Drops around. The "hello" is a diecut that I cut out 4 layers and stacked them. 3 layers in black cardstock and the top layer in white. This gives it stability as well as dimension.
 
We have TONS of projects to share with you over on the Spectrum Noir Blog and Facebook Page. Don't forget to check out our June Challenge too! Please let us know you stopped in by leaving a quick comment or "liking" a post. We really appreciate you all!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend,
 
Products used on card:
White Gel Pen
May Arts Brown Jute
Paper Smooches Quote Tags Dies
Doodlebug 6x6 Kraft in Color paper pad

No comments: