Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY Designer Background Paper

Don't have any cool background paper or background stamps?
No problem! You can use ANY stamps you have to make designer background paper.


I stamped the large marigold from the A Muse Studio Marvelous Marigolds set with Cranberry ink - then colored with Koh-I-Noor Pencils. Little dots of white are done with Signo White Gel Pen.

Then....the icing on the cake...I sprayed the entire piece with Stardust Finishing Spray.  That stuff is the BEST!  I could totally spray everything with it!!


The butterfly is from the A|S set called Snail & Co.  I stamped it on Acetate with Black StazOn then trimmed out.  After I stuck it to the card I lightly bend up the wings the added an Onyx Pearl to the head.  Sentiment is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black.  Card base is Blush card stock.

 

I made this card for this week's challenge on the A Muse Studio Monday Challenge Blog.  The challenge is to create a background with stamps "other" than background stamps. Search your stash for an image that you might regularly use for a focal image and create a background.  Sherri came up with this fun challenge...and she has a FANTASTIC PRIZE up for grabs this week!!!  Get all the details HERE.  I hope you join us for this weeks challenge!

All supplies to create this card are available from A Muse Studio.

Shop on-line at my A Muse Studio web page HERE.

Recipe:
Stamps - Marvelous Marigolds Set; Hand Scripted Set; Snail & Co. Set
Papers - Blush, Kraft
Inks - Cranberry, Versafine Onyx Black; StazOn Black
Misc. - Koh-I-Noor Pencils; Signo White Gel Pen; Onyx Pearls; Stardust Finishing Spray; Double-Sided Adhesive Tape; Acetate from my office supply stash.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

this marigold background is gorgeous!

AmethystCat said...

gorgeous!!! and, love the shimmer spray!!!

America said...

GORGEOUS BG paper! Love the shimmer!