Thursday, August 12, 2010

For Baby Anna

This is a card I designed for my niece's new baby. I call it my fresh and clean vintage look.



Kraft cardstock is probably one of the best colors to work with. It really goes with everything...don't you think? The sentiment is stamped with 2 colors and embossed. Softened up the edges of the scalloped circle by sponging ink very lightly.



The scalloped square layer has a dots background stamped with Versamark ink and then embossed with clear. Hearts are die cut from wool blended felt and stitched together with a button and floss.



Need some leaves for the flower stem? Cut some out by hand. If "I" can do it...so can YOU! LOL! Finish them off with a touch of ink sponged on the edges.

That's it. Fresh, clean and soft as a baby's butt. I had fun designing this one.

Recipe:
Stamps - SU
Paper - Bazzill; Papertrey; SU
Ink - Versamark; SU Pigment Inks
Misc - Die cut machine and dies, Felt; American Crafts Button; White Floss; Clear Embossing Powder; Velvet Ribbon from stash; Circle Punches; A Muse Artstamps Pretty Pearls

2 comments:

Michellem said...

WOW!! I LOVE this look! Fabulous!

Tina W. (TeaDub) said...

OMG Lori...I love this card! Clean and vintage is right on! So organic feeling too!