Monday, January 26, 2009

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge

Pokin' Some Fun!

Do you realize this is the LAST Monday of January!!! WHERE did this month go so fast?! WOW! I've been busy stamping like crazy these days. I made 16 cards in the last 2 days!! I even cleaned my craft room (kinda had ta after makin' all them cards!) AND organized my scraps of cardstock! Yay Me! ha ha ha ha Well alllllrighty then....lets get to this weeks House Mouse Challenge!

This weeks challenge is to have some kind of paper piercing on your card. If you don't have a paper piercer, you can use a needle or pin. Any place, any amount - and any House Mouse image, colors, and theme! For all the challenge details and to see creations by the Design Team - click HERE.

This House Mouse stamp is adorable!! I borrowed it from my mom...but I might not ever return it! ha ha ha! Just kiddin' mom! ;) Check out all the paper piercing around that outer layer. That's a lot of piercing...but went really quick & easy using my Stampin'UP Paper Piercing Mat Pack. HTH!!


The House Mouse stamp is called Baby Blocks and features Muzzy, Monica, Amanda & Mudpie. The scalloped rectangle was made with my Stamin'UP! Scalloped Border Punch. Isn't that patterned paper with the dusty pink & river rock cardstock to die for!! Perfect with the ivory cardstock & flowers. Is that like a vintage look?? What would you call it??

I love that little mouse in the nutshell!! If you click on the closeup pic...you can see where I used white acrylic paint and a really really tiny paintbrush to color the flowers on the blanket. And the middle of the flower I lightly dotted with my Pink Copic Multiliner SP Pen.



Now it's your turn....get out your paper piercer and start pokin' some fun!! LOL!! Happy Stamping all you House Mouse Lovers!!

Recipe:
Stamps -
House-Mouse Designs Baby Blocks
Paper - K & Company LLC Hannah Pink Paper;
Bazzill Cardstock; SU River Rock Cardstock; Papertrey Ink Ivory Cardstock
Ink -
Tsukineko Versafine Black
Misc. -
Prismacolor Pencils; Gamsol OMS; White Acrylic Paint; CTMH Paper Flowers; Misc Brad, EK Success Small Corner Rounder; SU Scallop Border Punch; SU Paper Piercing Mat; Copic Multiliner SP Pink 0.3; Dimensionals
House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog HERE
House-Mouse Designs Official Website HERE.
Tips on how you can easily color the House-Mouse Stamp Images HERE

4 comments:

America said...

Hey Lori!! I really like this elegant oclor combination to go with this adorable BABY HM image. Your piercing and your coloring rock!! TFS

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so sweet Lori! I love the soft colors, and adorable HM image.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Lori, this card is adorable. I love this image! You're right, the DP is awesome with it. Your paper piercing is great too.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I LOVE your card Lori! Your coloring is perfect and the layout is awesome! Great job with the piercing too. (Hope everyone knows I'm talking paper here!) :)