Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Christmas in July

My New Little Chubby Bird

This little Chubby bird is one of the new winter holiday A Muse stamps released during A-Muse-A-Palooza last week. I decided to use it for the first time and do another one of Heather's share your spark Fridays. This weeks "spark" is to make something for those winter holidays in December.

I decided a little winter scene shadow box card would be fun for Chubby Bird. I think he looks stunning in his orange scarf & hat :)



Look at all that snow on the trees....and the soft snowflakes sparkle in the air!



Chubby bird has the perfect spot out on that limb to just sit and think.



One place you can find a tutorial for making a shadow box card is HERE on Cammie's Blog. Another one is on Splitcoaststampers HERE.

My cardbase is 5.5" x 4.25". I drew the tree by hand to match up with the branch on stamp. It gives a nice dimensional look :) I also created my own custom glitter brads. I took white brads and heat with my embossing gun - holding them with tweezers. Then I dipped the tops in SU Irridescnet Ice Embossing Glitter and heat set a little more. Perfect snowball brads!! Main stamped image is attached to green cardstock with dimensionals. Then green cardstock is attached to cardbase with dimensionals as well.

Recipe:
Stamps - A Muse Art Stamps
Paper - A Muse Patterned Cardstock; SU Certainly Celery; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink - Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Certainly Celery Classic
Misc - Copic Markers BG10, YR16, E33, Y11, Colorless Blender; Staedtler Triplus Fineliner 0.3 mm Black; Dimensionals; Glue Pen; SU Dazzling Diamond Glitter; SU Iridescent Ice Embossing Glitter; White Brads; Spellbinder Circle dies; Score-Tape; Misc Ribbon; Glue Dots

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! And I really like how did the snow on the branch!

Thanks so much for playing along and "sharing your spark!"

Cris A said...

I love the sparkle on this card! What a super cute bird!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is this, Lori! Great JOB!

Pamela said...

A very cute card!!! I love how you did all the snow accents.

Dragana Skoro said...

It's a super cute card... I love the way you did the snow. Such nice colours, great job.

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas card is so adorable! The birdie looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

Lori! This is gorgeous!! I love it!!

Tracy said...

I love the snow on your card! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is amazing!!!!

scoopy (Emily) said...

Sooooo cute! Love the tree you drew and the brush trees in the background!

Debbie Corbari said...

WOW! You are one talented chickie! Love your chubby bird! Love that tree you drew too! And the snowball brads...and the glitter....this is DA BOMB girl! :)

Kathy K. said...

VERY well done - love the colors and it makes me look forward to Winter. Great card!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! And look at you drawin' your own trees! :) I had no idea it wasn't a whole stamp. I love the little cotton ball(s?) in the ribbon too. Everything is perfect!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Love all the detail!

Carolyn King said...

Absolutely awesome!!! Love this! Great job!