Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Mommy/Daughter Fun!

A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA Design Challenge #1

Michaela and I each did a card for A-Muse-a-Palooza 2008 Design Challenge #1. This challenge is a color combo and the colors to use are Chocolate Kitchen, Cabana Blue, and Purple Passion (or similar colors if you don't have these.) The card must feature at least 1 A Muse stamp image.

More details on A-Muse-a Palooza and this challenge can be found HERE.



For my 5 x 5 card I used 2 clear sets from A Muse. Coffee Break and Circle Frames. I created the background by stamping spoons with black and coloring in with Lilac Prisma Marker. Then I stamped the Coffee beans with SU Close to Cocoa Classic. Coffee Cup is samped on white 2x. Colored in both and cut out 1 and attached it on top with dimensional. Purple circle with sentiment is popped up on dimensionals. Spoon samped on white and cut out.

Recipe:
Stamps - A Muse Art Stamps - Coffee Break & Circle Frames
Paper - SU Lavender Lace CS, SU Creamy Caramel CS, SU Bliss Blue CS, Neenah White CS
Ink - Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Close to Cocoa Classic
Misc - Prismacolor Markers, Marvy Uchida Circle Punches; Dimensionals

Michaela used a clear sets from A Muse called Animal Wishes. Water is stamped using Brilliance Peacock ink pad. On her 5x3 1/2 Cardbase she scored a couple lines down the right side (yes I taught her how to use the Scor-It board!) Elephants stamped with black. She colored 1 elephant with Copic Cool Gray 1 and the other she used a silver pen. Both have pink toe nails (of course!) and the girl has a pink bow. Check out how she used the silver pen to draw splashes from their trunks. Sentiment stamped with black and punched with SU Oval Punches - attached with dimensional. She finished off by adding the required brown color with a bow in the corner. I'm so proud of my little stamping companion! :)

Recipe:
Stamps - A Muse Art Stamps - Animal Wishes and Small Oval
Paper - SU Lavender Lace CS, SU Bliss Blue CS, Neenah White CS
Ink - Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tsukineko Brilliance Peacock (using 1 color from that pad)
Misc - Copic Cool Gray 1, Silver Pen, Pink Marker, SU Oval Punches, Dimensionals, Misc Ribbon

11 comments:

Erin McKinney said...

Great coffee card!! I am so glad I saw your card...I just oredered that a couple weeks ago!!
Your daughter's card is adorable...how fun to stamp with the little ones!

Debbie Corbari said...

OMG! So super cute! Both of them! I can't wait to be able to do that with my little ones!

Melzie said...

Love them both!!!! :)

Jens Place in Space said...

I just love looking at all your work!

Debbie Olson said...

Both cards are darling, but I especially love the coffee one--great colors and layout!

Judy Rozema said...

Darling cards - both of them! Neat colors together too!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

great cards !!!!!!!!love the pop coffee cup !!!!!tfs:)
chat

Shannon McGann said...

These are wonderful! That's a great colour combination. I love the 3-D effects on your coffee card.

Jeni Bond said...

Love the cards but the coffee one really appeals to me, especially since I work nights!! (Live on coffee!) Love the 3-D cup, thanks for sharing!!

SeaStar Creations said...

both of these cards are great! i love the colors on both -- especially the coffee one! and the elephants are adorable :) thanks for sharing. i thought i was the only one who stamped to candle light (not really, of course) but i have a stamping signature smell that inspires me :)

Veronica Z said...

LOVE, love these cards! I don't have any Amuse stamps but I have seen so many cute cards lately I am gonna have to cave in and order a few! I think it is wonderful that you have a "lil" stamping companion. Great work!